Brinell Hardness Testing Portal
Learn more ...
The fully automatic Brinell testing portal was developed for hardness testing of open-die forged shafts (round and rectangular in cross section), forged bars (round and rectangular in cross section) and seamless rolled rings.
The system carries out the testing of the components fully automatically. The process includes positioning the machine on the respective component, milling the surface layer, moving the axis, hardness testing and subsequent data transmission. The milling/testing coordinates are taught manually by the system operator using a coordinate measuring arm (teach arm).
- Total dimensions: 4300 x 1900 x 4000 mm
- Weight: approx. 3500 kg
- Testing area: 7100 x 2700 mm
- Testing height: max. 1200 mm
- Traversing speed of portal: X-axis 500 mm/s, Y/Z-axis: 300 mm/s
- Hardness tester: QATM
- SPS Controlling: Siemens S7 - 1512 SP-F